T-Barmaster™ is an induction tunnel furnace which, although it involves a very advanced technology, is flexible and easy to use. Available in different models, each Tera Automation T-Barmaster™ is designed, managed and assembled within our company.
The launch of T-Barmaster™ revolutionized the field: companies all over the world were supplied with tailored tunnel furnaces, scalable according to production types (ingot from 1 ounce, up to 400 ounces or 1000 ounces), whose maintenance was accessible.
Our tunnel furnace is divided into three chambers, where grains are melted in a controlled atmosphere and are casted into glossy and completely flat gold or silver ingots. The patented technology called Pinch Valves™, placed at both ends of the tunnel, ensures a perfect sealing: as a matter of fact, this system with pneumatic valves keeps oxygen outside the tunnel, maintaining an inert atmosphere and drastically reducing gas -usually nitrogen – consumption. Graphite consumables last longer and do not deteriorate due to oxidation.
Like all other induction casting furnaces, this furnace needs to be connected to a duly sized water refrigeration installation (T-Chiller).
How does it work?
In the T-Barmaster™ furnace, the ingot mold is inserted into the melting area by a mechanical pusher. Due to induction heating, metal melts and turns from solid state (grains) into liquid state (molten metal).
Melting occurs according to the parameters set by operators, as well as the metal type and the furnace version which is being used. Thanks to the user interface, operators can easily control the process and reach the desired quality.
Once the time set for melting expires, the ingot mold containing molten metal is pushed on a solidification plate with circulating cooling water: during this step no mechanical lifts or chemical additives are used. The solidification step is essential to obtain ingots with perfect finishing; thanks to an optical pyrometer, it can be handled by operators with great accuracy.
Now the ingot is pushed towards the cooling tunnel and through the outlet Pinch™ Valve.
• No explosive gases or open flames, therefore operators work in a safer and controlled area in ideal environmental conditions
• Metal does not undergo significant loss, that means that the ingot has the same weight as the grains put in each ingot mold
• No emission of harmful fumes or electromagnetic fields: an important advantage for operators’ health and significant cost savings
• Thanks to the Pinch Valves patented solution, graphite ingot molds last longer and general consumption is low
• Ingots are created in a closed environment with a controlled atmosphere and the result is flawless products
• According to the chosen automation degree, operators act as simple processing supervisors and do not necessarily need to be always present.
|TECHNICAL DATA||T-BARMASTER ONE||T-BARMASTER 400||T-BARMASTER 1000|
|AVAILABLE INGOT DESIGNS||From 1 ounce to 1 kilobar||Up to 400 ounces||Up to 1000 ounces|
|AVERAGE PRODUCTION OF GOLD INGOTS||From 10-12 kilobar/hour to 110-120 kilobar/hour||From 8-10 kilobar/hour to 110-120 kilobar/hour||From 10-24 kilobar/hour to 48-60 kilobar/hour|
|AVERAGE PRODUCTION OF SILVER INGOTS||From 10-12 kilobar/hour to 110-120 kilobar/hour||From 8-10 kilobar/hour to 110-120 kilobar/hour||From 18-24 kilobar/hour to 48-60 kilobar/hour|
|NUMBER OF INGOT MOLDS||From 6 to 28 ingot molds||From 5 to 14 ingot molds||From 9 to 14 ingot molds|